You can NOT be successful without a plan or without goals.
I don’t know anyone who is successful that is not goal oriented. I don’t think you do as well.
Success is planned.
My questions for you now are: What do you have planned for your life? Who do you want to become? What will your life look like in 5 years?
5 years from now is a good time frame for our mind to grasp.
Examples of how your life can change in 5 years:
- You can graduate from college in 5 years.
- You can be done with graduate school WITHIN 5 years.
- You can be married to the man of your dreams within the next 5 years
- You can write and publish your book. You can be a best selling author within the next 5 years.
If you need an action plan for your life, I got you. Keep reading.
First, I want you to go back and look at your passions from the last blog post and keep that in mind as you do this exercise
- Get a new notebook
- After your morning devotion, I want you to write the date at the top of the page and write 10-15 goals as they come to your mind.
- Write the goals in present tense as though you are accomplishing it. BECAUSE YOU ARE!
- Include the date, you will accomplish that goal. All of your goal date will be within 365 days.
- Don’t put the same date for all of your goals. Spread the dates out. (I got this idea from Terri Savelle Foy).
- Read your goals every single day.
- As you read your goals everyday, you will get ideas; more specific ideas. Write those ideas down.
- Some goals might change. Make those changes.
- Ideas will come to you on how to accomplish your goals. Write them down and DO IT!!!
Start small, start now.
Imagine doing this every single year for 5 years, imagine how your life will be completely different. God’s got you. Keep your eyes on that vision. Keep looking ahead.